- Ruth Harrison
- Will Newman
- Angela Wilkinson
- Catherine Mills
- Charlotte Hodgson
- Frances Hall
- Ruth Gordon
- Stephen Booth
- Blythe Aimson
Night Angels: a scary episode on the Snake Pass Find!
I've just remembered about this scary thriller by Sheffield based author Danuta Reah. It begins as a young woman's car breaks down on a dark, wet night as she heads back to Sheffield over the Snake. Next morning her car is found, empty.
As D.I. Lynne Jordan investigates more women disappear and it begins to seem that a serial killer is at work. Eventually Lynne's path takes her through Glossop and over the Snake as the mist comes down....." "Then her engine cut out. Just like that, without warning. The wind whipped across the moors and the car rocked. But a cold feeling was coming over her that had nothing to do with the cold outside or the sound of the wind."
I found this a disturbing and compelling read.
Danuta Reah. Night Angels. Harpur Collins 2002
17 September 2009 from Ruth Gordon
- The lost villages of Derwent and Ashopton
- Fludd by Hilary Mantell
- A Beautiful Place for a Murder
- Jeannie of White Peak Farm
- Unrest of their Time
- Derbyshire wins the Booker Prize!
- John Buxton Hilton: Rescue from the Rose
- The Mermaid poem by Henry Kirke
- Poems of Peak and Dale
- Poole's Cavern, Buxton
- In Place of Execution....
- Scared to live
- The Jane Eyre Connection
- Haunted Derbyshire and the Peak District
- Narnia in the Peak District?
- The Wonders of the Peake...
- Night Angels: a scary episode on the Snake Pass
- Blue John
- Buxton under the crust.....
- Mysterious Mermaid in Derbyshire
- Ghost walks
- The poet and the pool.....
- More murder in the Peak District
- Inspired by the Peak
- Bygone Derbyshire clues
- Reading Detectives film
- Derbyshire Reading Detectives finale
- Reading Detectives in the News
- Buxton Ghost Walk
- Days at the Museum
- Stephen Booth
- Ghostwalkers in Buxton
- First meeting
Help the team
Have you got something to contribute? You can contact us to report your clues and you can comment on our blog posts. It doesn't matter where in the world you are!